View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #256 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Omega Tech dry-sump:

Balancer with crank trigger wheel, trigger sensor and mount for ignition (if you don't use the OEM crank trigger setup), oil pump drive adaptor / pulley, 4 stage oil pump with 38T pulley and shields and bracket and the billet sump was quoted (list) at AU$5943.30 including 10% GST. The Aussie-$ is currently worth about 72 cents US, so figure on $4300 US.

On top of this you will need an oil tank (check out the Petersen web-site Peterson Fluid Systems : Oil Tanks ) and plumbing. Each dash-10 or dash-12 AN connector will be ~$50 each (probably cheaper in the USA - check your local suppliers of motorsport fittings) and you will need close on 20 of them (3 scavenge lines from the sump to scavenge stages in the pump, scavenge return line to tank, supply line from tank to pressure stage input, pressure stage to filter, filter to block, lines to/from cooler is 18 fittings and I'm sure I have forgotten something). I will be using -12 rather than -10, but I also have a supply of spares in stock and will not have to purchase many of these.

I have ordered the billet pan, pump and pump bracket @ a discounted price as we are helping out with the prototype.

The damper and oil pump drive adaptor/pulley will be ordered when we are about to do final engine assembly as they are ex-stock.

Note that I am the test pilot for this kit and the billet sump is in the CNC now and I expect to have it before the end of August.

The only thing you will need in the heads is upgraded valve springs and a retainer kit, which you can get from JWT (their part number A3503-SPRNG). The jury is out on valves right now .... whether I go with Ferrea or another supplier is still a discussion item with my engine builder.

Omega Tech balancers and sump/pump systems can be found on the web at :| Ross Performance Engine Parts - Metal Jacket - ROSS Tuffbond Harmonic Balancers - Crankshaft Damper - ROSS Performance Parts |:

RB
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote