View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
Got it figured, the regulator delete was leaking, but only at about 40+psi. We swapped out the oring and so far so good. I did notice that when clamping down the regulator I could push it down and bottom it out, which leads me to believe that the spacer used above that oring could be a tad bit thicker to squeeze that oring in there a bit better.

If it starts to leak again then ill probably get a shim to put in there to squeeze that oring in its housing.

Thanks for the info Charles, you were bang on, now the car feels quick again. Has no issues holding 70PSI.
If possible I would like to get as much information on why it was leaking as possible so that I can determine if the part should be updated of it it was just a basic o-ring problem. We do have lots of them out there but that doesnt mean there isnt potential for slight inconsistencies in manufacturing of either our component or the factory housing that it secures to.

Do you believe it was the bottom o-ring that was leaking, which is the one we supply that gets squeezed when you tighten the 2 small bolts? This I believe would be the one most prone to a leak of the 2 o-rings. The factory o-ring and spacer reused from the factory regulator which seal on the sides rather than vertical will be less susceptible to leaks.

Please feel free to post or PM me any information or if you think a change to the part would have made the difference let me know.