View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #6872 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Anticipation is key. My dad was teaching that to me when I was 12 years old just riding along with him in the car. To this day I routinely anticipate people trying to change lanes or make a sudden stupid maneuver several moments before they attempt it. My wife used to never believe me, so I started calling them out loud in front of her. She believes me now lol

I've been in three accidents in my 18 years of driving (and it's been 10 years since the last one). Two were witnessed by police officers confirming it was not my fault, and the third was due to a freak blown tire that someone had while entering the highway. My wife hates my occasional aggressive driving style, but she at least acknowledges that I must be doing something right
Same here. You're not alone. I'm teaching the GF how to ease onto her brakes instead of slamming them last second at every stop she has to come to. I could feel her poor Versa trying to keep straight at some lights.

I will say that i play offensively when driving around dumbarses though. I won't stay behind them and give them space. I'd rather just use the horsepower I have and pass them to continue on my way. This isn't to say I cut people off or anything. If the left lane is open, I'll downshift a gear or 2. launch the car for a split second and be done with the morons behind me.

Single accident in my life....old guy backed out of his parking spot without looking behind him while I was waiting in line to exit the lot. My poor Cobalts only fender bender....