View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 12:04 AM   #253 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
Well it looks like you're serious about this...

You're going to have to replace all the internals, that's a given. So get together with your mechanic buddy and start figuring out what you can afford. Off the top of my head you will need:

High compression pistons
Lightweight/knife edged crank / possibly more stroke if you can't get enough volume via boring
Custom grind camshafts with upgraded valvetrain
Forged rods
Fuel system & Injectors
Boring the cylinders / sleeves
Custom Intake or ITB's

This is actually a really neat project and I hope you go through with it.

GOOD LUCK!
Yeah finding the parts is the hard part. The bottom end is going to be stock. Im going to do heads, jun cam, valve train upgrade, ati damper, and nismo oil pump ( unless something better is available). Then see where i can go from there. From what I've seen from one a fellow on n here and the car is still running, the motor can handle up to 8,300 rpms before the springs run out and 8500 rpms until our block goes to shed. Longevity ahhh who knows. But i have a spare block.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote