Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #338 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patabq View Post
I have lost an engine to oil starvation. My 427 Z06 had 13 quarts in a dry sump. The oil pumps 4 quarts per second. Therefore, I had about 3 seconds of left hand turns worth of oil at 1.2 g's. Several tracks I ran had longer left corners than that. When I talked to the ALMS Corvette team, they had a huge dry sump in the trunk of the car. I don't track the Vette anymore.

What rate does the Z (370Z) pump oil? My bet is that is about 2 quarts per second. The 2 quarts in the Accusump will last 1 second. That may be enough if you get a BIG warning light as you are flying through a right hand corner to get off the gas (and possible spin). However, this one way baffled pan is intended to stop that situation from ever occurring. I am considering the Accusump in addition to this pan. I have the 34 row Setrab and I would mount the Accusump in the oil cooler return line in the front of the car above the bumper where the oil lines are located.

Data would be greatly appreciated.
Mounting in the oil cooler return line...will the sump still have to push the oil through the filter or will that be relocated? I've never seen a reason why sumps don't do that.

My concern is my home track. Mid Ohio's key hole has a pretty good right hander that's off camber which scares me with my setup.