Thread: Blew it up
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
Nope. I filled up where I usually do. I would love to run a conservative tune on E85, but it's not very easily obtained here in Memphis.
Just because you fill up there regularly doesn't mean that the current delivery wasn't mixed up or just crap. I had this issue a few months back. Filled up at my regular spot, got about 3 miles or so and the car started back firing and sputtering under increased throttle and throwing codes left and right. Would pull over, scan, take note, delete, and repeat till I got home.

Once home I opened up the tank, drained just over 15 gallons out (now being used in the lawnmower and running fine lol), pulled the pump, inspected the screen and bowl (nothing out the normal), reinstalled, put in 2 gallons from a different station the opposite direction of my house and car has been fine ever since.

Still have about 8 gallons left, would love to send it somewhere for some form of test to see wtf is wrong with it.

But, I was bone dry upon filling up, literally about 3-5 miles and the car started to freak out. Never filled up there again.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote