View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
darkphantom
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Z34 PW M6
darkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond repute

OP - congrats on the car!

I will tell that after having driving so many cars, the Z is not a fun car to learn manual on. It makes even the most talented manual drivers feel like they don't know what they are doing.

Stalling isn't super bad as long as you aren't doing it constantly - it basically means the engine is not getting enough revs and "conks" out.

1st to 2nd gear is smoothest at about 3k RPMS +/- 200 depending on how heavy your foot is.

Just practice smoothly engaging and disengaging the clutch while parked. Get a feel for where the "engagement" point is.

I HIGHLY recommend the RJM clutch pedal as it will make your life ALOT easier. I have it on my car and love it!

As for shifting, 1->2 is going to be the hardest, but after that, around 2.5k or so is normal and should be fairly smooth unless you are "stabbing" the clutch.

Hope this helps!