View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
LN13
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370Z
LN13 is on a distinguished road
Default First System in 25 years...I am going in!!

Hello,

So quick background...I am a Toyota truck guy since the 80s and wanted wife to get a new 4runner, as old one was rock solid, but she wanted a Z. Long story short, we own a Z now!! As much as I was against it, I am actually happy we got it, as it is a very fun car. I still love my Tacoma, but drive the Z everytime I get!!

So we bought the base model with intentions of putting in better sound system and this is where we are. I have alot of experience with car stereos from mid 80s to early 90s, as old pickup had a Alpine 7380-Yamaha crossover and Kenwood/Concord amps. I can not remember the speakers, but they were tweeters midrange and woofer setup. I liked the sound but in 05 I ordered the Taco with the factory JBL and to be quite honest we both think it is very good, as we are closer to 50 now than 40 and talk radio/ music is a 50/50 mix!

So with that said, we like the decent sound of an OE JBL system so we decided on the following...

Kenwood DNX572BH reciever
Kenwood P709PS component speakers
Kenwood KSCSW11 powered subwoofer
Kenwood 6406 Amplifier
Moonet CCD Backup Camera
ASWC-1 steering wheel adapter

I was two Kenwoods deep, so I continued with all Kenwood, except for camera, as I read great things about it and cost was worth a gamble. I have heard mixed review on the subwoofer and I figured we are happy with my factory subwoofer in truck, so this may just give us enough bottom end to be happy on those quick jaunts to Vegas! If not go to plan B.

In reading the stickys and many other threads there I have to give props to BIGAUDIOFANAT, as he seems give good no-agenda advice, but props to many others, as this forum is awesome. I seems as good as my home at TacomaWorld! Is there any advice or suggestion anyone has, please feel forward to chime in, as I am still not sure on the ASWC-1, iphone and possible antenna converter. Still waiting on all parts to arrive, so I still have some study and prep work to do.

I am actually excited about putting this in, as it has been so long, but I am sure I will get half way though and look to the heavens and scream WHY, but I am still doing it!! --thanks
LN13 is offline   Reply With Quote