View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gerg
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z BS M6
Gerg is on a distinguished road

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate regarding this, but letting go of religion and any thoughts about the legitimacy of the supernatural was an amazing moment in my life.

It took a lot of time, and becoming an atheist/humanist was a process more than a single event... but learning to look at life with a skeptical eye, question everything, and only believe what there was sufficient evidence to believe has made me happier and more contented than I ever was when I still considered myself religious.

I try to live by a mantra that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and that person deserves respect... but that doesn't mean that their beliefs deserve that same respect. Quite frankly, some beliefs are just stupid, especially if they are held in spite of hard evidence to the contrary by willful ignorance.

On the other side of this, it has also made me disgusted by the hatred and bigotry that are espoused by much of this country in the name of religion and their respective god. It's painful to watch these people continue to try to force their religious beliefs into the government and laws of this country.

Not trying to start a debate with this one. If anyone wants to discuss it further, we can start a new thread, or they can PM me.

Peace to all. Praises to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May you all be touched by his noodly appendage.
Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote