View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #80 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 140BPM View Post
I did all resets and I think they took. Idle is near 700 again after warmed up.

A follow up question about the idle relearn reset... I followed the manual and all was fine until the part where it says to hold gas pedal down for 20 seconds until MIL light stays lit, but each time I did the reset it only took about 5 seconds to stop flashing. Is this normal?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
IMO, should be fine. After the 7th second you hold down the pedal until the MIL light starts flashing (20 sec doesn't matter at this point). When it stops flashing and goes solid, you have a few seconds to quickly start the car and let it idle. Then you blip the throttle a few times and see the idle drop steadily as it warms up. I think you should be fine now. close to 700 RPM is not too bad compared to 900-1200 RPM lol.