View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #39 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I think that is on the long side of the typical curing time range. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just telling you that just to be safe and protect themselves. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it was the service rep telling you 30 days and not the actual guy that did the painting. As Junkman mentioned, different combinations of different products can have different curing times.
Bingo.

Sometimes the managers don't know their bunghole from a crescent wrench. They got their position because they are a member of the owner's family and haven't painted one car a day in their life. They pretty much go on hearsay (what they hear the painters talking about), and don't get the whole story. As you can see, I have painted cars before, including my own (the thread about WHY I had to repaint it is located here). My father did body work for 40 years so I've been exposed to this every since I was old enough to have a memory.