View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicntaeG35 View Post
Wow I couldn't have asked for a better explanation! It all makes sense now. I'm just not quite sure what I want though. Do I want more power up top or down low? Tough question ha but I think I might try to do a motordyne or FI exhaust with motordyne test pipes and shorties to see what kind of results it might bring
Frankly, I think its really a matter of cost more than anything.

Having had both combos, I am much happier with the performance characteristics of the LTH than the OEM headers + TP combo, but TP's tend to be way less expensive than headers and much easier/cheaper to install/have installed.

Bang for the buck, TP's all the way. Just make sure you get ones that are resonated...

As to headers, I think the LTH's tend to overall perform better, but again balancing primary diameter with length and also effective scavenging is tricky, so its hard to say without knowing all the measurements, seeing dynos for each, and comparing across headers. Likewise, a set of headers with really smooth transitions into a nice collector will make a big difference.

I know there was quite a buzz for a while over the momentum headers, which, I believe, were shorties, but I think the folks boasting the best gains also had a port and polished IM, larger TB's, etc. so it wasn't simply a matter of bolting short vs long tube headers on, re-tuning, and calling it a day -- there was considerable tweaking on the intake side as well.

Last edited by Jordo!; 08-09-2015 at 02:43 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote