View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Business Kat
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Stillen SC MT
Business Kat is on a distinguished road
Default Car freaks out at Idle and has loss of power

I'll keep this as short and fact based as possible. Car is 2013 base model 6 speed. Supercharged it in CA and got a dyno at Church's. Life's great. Things to keep in mind car is lowered and I've hit some nasty speed bumps along my travels. Fast forward.

January I moved to Texas. I pump 93 in my car for the first time in Texas. Start the car. a/f gauge isn't giving me a reading. Sometimes at idle the RPMs would have a small freak out but nothing bad. Every once in a while when I'm driving it felt like the car was holding back. Fast forward.

I start the car and it's choking, the revs drop really low, but once it warms up it's ok. Every once in a while at idle it'll freak out . One time I was driving and I put it in neutral because I was coming to a stop and it died. It also died another time doing the same thing. I hit a few REALLY bad speed bumps that hurt me to drive over. Heard the bottom of my car getting torn apart. A few days later I'm at a stop and my car dies and won't start.

Went to Z clinic, nothing. Went to Nissan, they said a hose had come loose. Car starts again. All idle and random loss of power problems still exist. Take it back to Z clinic. 10 days later we've realized that the car has no idea what to do at idle. All the readings are off. temp ,rpm, air flow, battery, everything is all over the place. No idea what to do. New thing the car is doing is I can't get past 5psi. I can usually get to 8 no problem, maybe even 9.

Current conclusion: reformat, download the map again, see if it works.

Looking for anyone with a similar problem, ideas, suggestions, anything. I feel so defeated at this point and it's too much money being poured into this to be fun anymore. A lot of it is a blur to me at this point and I'm not the most car savvy person but I'll do my best to answer any questions. I'm sure I missed some details. The spikes in the picture were in a 30 second period. Thank you all in advance.
Business Kat is offline   Reply With Quote