View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
BC416
Track Member

Drives: 2012 KAD 6MT
BC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond reputeBC416 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Daddy View Post
So my first post here (other than the intro) is sure to spark a debate but I feel it's a legit question.
I have been doing a lot of research on the Nismo Z, as I'm 90% sure it will be my next car. But I can't understand why it's 0-60 performance is slower than other cars that have less power and/or lower HP to weight ratios.

The various magazines like the handling and that is a good thing. But most will complain that it's under-powered while also complimenting the VQ as one of the best V6's ever built (I agree). Years ago the Z was described as a beast. Now it doesn't even make the list of top sports cars. What happened?

Personally, I love the looks of the Nismo and I can always increase the performance. But I also wonder what happened to the once, almost legendary reputation of this car. I still want one.
I'm curious as to what cars you are comparing it to. Most people will mention the muscle cars (5.0 & SS) as being faster but those have significantly more HP. Also, when the Z came out in 2009, the Mustang GT was only packing the 4.6 and the Z outgunned it by a good margin. The Z's powerplant just hasn't been updated since it's introduction. Most of the comparable cars have.

Last edited by BC416; 08-07-2015 at 01:12 PM.
BC416 is offline   Reply With Quote