View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
if all you care about is 0-60 go grab a 5.0 stang or something

in terms of comparison z is in a precarious position as there is no 'true' competitor. compared to the miata/toyobaru's it's over powered vs their lighter and lower out puts. then it's all sport luxury cars.

the Z was designed originally to compete with lower end porches at a fraction of the cost. if you use that mentality then ignore the critics. you get 90% the performance for half the price is what you look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctavis View Post
I will chime in here as a newbie to the forum but a long time car guy, specifically Z's. Nissan likes to find something that works and stick with it. The VQ engine is amazing. They have not really felt the need to update its specs because its pretty well balanced and reliable. More HP/TQ = less reliable in most cases.

I read an article from a respected source claiming the new STI will have a TT motor from the factory at close to 500 HP and 455TQ. Nissan will need to start working on their performance to keep up with the other sports cars out there. However there is quite a large performance parts market out there for the zcar and it does not take much to get a 370Z to beat up on pretty much all of the stock turboed cars on the market.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.
As of right now there are two options that Nissan can go with. The globally economical car (like Fords Eco Boost engines) and they make the Z a 2.0L TT which will be very bad for Z owners. or go with a 3.0L TT and compete with all the other sports cars that are increasing in stock power.

Or what I personally believe they should do. the 350 make it the 2.0 TT so they have their globally economical car they can sell. Not only that the rest of the world likes smaller cars anyhow. For the 370z (non-nismo) they should make it the 3.0L TT and for the Z Nismo they should sweeten the pot even more and do a 3.8LTT like the newer Hyundai Genesis.

Of course whenever we look at TT'ing a stock car from a manufacture add another 10k to the sticker price if not more. So it would push the Z out of the affordability range compared to Porsches because it would be just as expensive

But that's just my $.02

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote