View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
jckilla
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z TS AT
jckilla is on a distinguished road

After researching for hours of which product to use to wrap the G3s in, I decicided to go with this - Heat Shield and Thermal Barriers - Automotive
In the list on the right of which works best for cold air intakes, they list "Cobra Cloth" as the best, along with thermaflect cloth. I bought a roll of 2" x 50' of Cobra Cloth ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00 )
And as soon as I get my G3s wrapped, I'll post results. I decided against the Gold tape, didn't want anything that would possibly absorb more heat, and according to tested results, the cobra cloth is the best for keeping the air cold through the pipes while being able to withstand up to 1350F of continuous heat, and 2000F of intermittent heat. I called the company to make sure this would work the best, since they also have it listed as a header wrap, they assured me with longer piping like the G3 has, this would keep the air coming in as cold as possible. Bought the Thermaflect tape to seal any spots I can't wrap. I wanted something that where the G3 aluminum pipes go through the metal holes that were cut, would not tear or make noise. Anyone know of someone who sells something that is made to be put where the holes were cut, so that if the G3s get loose, they don't rattle? Something like this - Spectre PerformanceŽ - Intake Tube/Duct Mounting Plate - so that I don't just have to sand down the holes, something that looks professional. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Stillen G3's - MotorDyne E370z CBE - MotorDyne ART V3 pipes - Z1 ported intake manifold - Z1 (34) row oil cooler - Zspeed V2 undershroud - 318 WHP (dynapack) 260 TQ after UpRev tuning by XactDyno here in Phoenix -
jckilla is offline   Reply With Quote