View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Yo dude, this picture is from someone's album and was posted in 2011...why is this relavent to the conversation at hand?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Bacause safety is relevant! Selling a cage stating its fully legal without testing and being different than every other cage built by professionals should bring up a red flag. I'm all for it but state a big warning disclosure. To me this isn't race worthy. God forbid someone get hurt. Mounting points to thin sheet metal even with a wide base won't last when it's your life in a roll over. The towers have 2 layers of the same thin metal (1 layer is the fender), plus a layer 3-4 times thicker, plus the same thick *** metal as a reenforcement bracket holding the tower to the frame! For the love of god look how thin that fender metal is! If a car rolled over and slide and the roof collapses and the roll bar catches that fender won't hold from keeping the main hood upright. Those mounts will punch right through like a knife through butter. Hell I can push my tinsnips through there and start cutting it out. The tower however is actual frame that you can see is almost 1/8" thick based on the bracket shown. I'm not dissing the builder. It just needs adjusted slightly higher to the tower is all. Simple simple fix.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (464.1 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by synolimit; 08-06-2015 at 08:51 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote