View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmangal7 View Post
... I have always been told to buff the paint every three months or so because the swirl marks will start to build up and the paint will start to lose its protection from wax and protectants.

-Raj
And THAT my friend is why you need to watch these videos. The ONLY reason swirl marks will begin to appear is because YOU are doing something completely wrong to your paint.

Let me give you this little tidbit to consider. The swirl marks are in your clear coat. In order to remove them, you have to polish the clear coat, which REMOVES a measurable amount of clear coat in the process. How much clear is actually removed depends on the type of polisher and products used. With that said, do you think that the amount of clear coat on your car is infinite? Do you think that it grows back like hair? If not, guess what constantly polishing your paint will eventually do?

Ahhh yesss..... I see your light bulb coming on.