View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Dragon_Ball_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo& Sport/Touring
Dragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Here's the deal. Any buffing or polishing is supposed to be done by the shop that is painting the car. That is not YOUR job! That's part of the price that YOU paid THEM! When the car leaves the shop, the ONLY thing that you should have to do is wash the car until the paint cures. After the paint cures, you can apply whatever protection that you want to use. You should NOT have to do ANYTHING else. I would seriously advise you to sit down with the person who painted the car (NOT the body shop manager, the person who DID THE WORK), and get a thorough understanding of what he advises you as to what needs to be done. Of all things, CLAYING a brand new paint job that wasn't shipped to you by rail is completely ludicrous unless the car was painted outdoors during a dirt storm. From the pictures that you posted, that doesn't seem to be the case.

That's why you need to take a pen and paper with you and get some CLARITY. I have never heard of a painter telling a customer that the customer needs to buff his fresh paint job.

Now tell me why you would need to buff the paint every 3 months or so? Do you know WHY you even buff paint? What is your reasoning as to WHY that would be a good idea?

And how would a clear bra damage the paint? As for hazing, if you use some cheap, Chinese brand knock-off product, you should expect that kind of result. All of these clear bra products on the market are NOT the same. There is plenty of eBay and Amazon sold crap out there. For the most part, you get what you pay for.

I would follow his advice if I were you.

The painter said that they're going to wash the car and dry it and wax it right before they give it back.

I have always been told to buff the paint every three months or so because the swirl marks will start to build up and the paint will start to lose its protection from wax and protectants.

I was thinking about doing xpel since I've heard good things. I just don't want my paint peel off if I decide to take the film off.

-Raj