View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
moore.speed
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6MT
moore.speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

I have a second series of questions. Why did you have to have your car buffed and waxed "often?" What are you doing to your paint that would warrant it needing so much buffing? Add to that, what makes you think that if you continue to do whatever is causing it to need that much buffing, that it still won't need that much buffing no matter what kind off protection you have applied?

I have never had my car buffed more than once. I'm speaking broadly, for some people who do not know the proper techniques of protecting their paint. Some people would need professional paint correction much more frequently than some.

I was simply saying, if a good coating is added to the paint, when the paint has cured, the need for any sort of maintenance on the paint would be much less.

I have, however, enjoyed waxing my car "often" in the past as it yields good results and adds good repellency to the surface. That, too, is not needed with the CQuartz coating that has been applied to my Z.

So, my intentions above were to say the investment of a good coating is worth it in the long run, as the need for any sort of maintenance on the paint is much slimmer.