View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 02:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

If it isn't paid off or nearly so, I wouldn't do FI -- that money will be gone before the first tuning bug crops up with most kits.

I'd take as much as as you can bear to part with and pay down the lows (say, at least 4 grand?), then you've got 10K for whatever floats your boat.

Start with the basics -- if you've already got intake, exhaust, suspension/brake stuff dialed in to your liking, I'd look into a nice set of PPE headers, a tune, and call it a day.

Even if you get stuck buying new O2's (the whole header removal/replacement process is notorious for killing them..), you'll have plenty left over if something like a nice shiny IM should ever come out or you find you need new tires (not cheap on this car), or to save or spend on other things.

If the car is paid off or close to it, another thing to consider is how likely you will want to keep it in a few years.