View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road
Default Issue finding a dealer with the 40th Year Ed.

Well I have been to 3 Nissan Dealerships. I am not looking for one that has one in inventory obviously its too early. I just want to find one that can give me an answer on an estimated delivery date and possibly even reserve one; even if the guy tells me not until april I'd be happy. Sounds easy right? not in my case.

For those of you familar with so cal's major dealers: 2 of them were Mossy Nissan (1 in National City and 1 in El Cajon) and the other was Pacific Nissan in San Diego. ALL 3 did not know anything about the 40th Year Anniversary Edition! And both Mossy Nissan's sales reps didn't even believe me that they were releasing one soon and one of the douches laughed at me then began to try and sell me a 2007 350z sitting right next to him before I stopped him and told him that they were 2 different cars. He replied "oh c'mon! they aren't that different, they look nearly identicle" WTF DUDE!?!?! I have called a few dealers as well, one in Ontario and one in Temecula. Both gave me the same answer but a lot more politely.

So what are my options? I feel like since they are only making 1000 of these models at least half are gone to people with connections who are collectors or just want the car like I do. My friend told me that sometimes dealers in other states will ship it for free if I pay the MSRP price. I know its early but I have seen other dealers already have them in stock and I feel like the race is on. Any thoughts or opinions?

Last edited by TARDCORE; 12-16-2009 at 10:06 PM.
TARDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote