View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
i have this issue too. it's hard to shift into second while car is still warming up. once the clutch and components are warmed up i can shift through the gears with ease.

but i find that the 1-3rd gears are more clunky/rough than going 3-4-5-6... lol maybe we need to teach each other the opposite end of shifting so we be smooth
The upper gears should be easier because the rpm differences between are smaller. I recall reading that the lower gears have multiple syncro's vs the upper which only have one. This sheds light on why the upper gears can be a bit notchy.

The 1-3 is more a function of timing the clutch/rpm differences just right. Even when timed just right, 5-6 is just not as smooth as say 1-2 or 2-3.

The cold temp issue is the trans fluid. As I mentioned MT85 worked great initially then went to crap. The nissan fluid is not as smooth as MT85 but works year round (or so we shall see this winter). Pick your poison

For sale links
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote