View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #470 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Unless I missed something last month, the latest semi-reliable rumor is that they have axed the idx and are now looking to downsize the Z a bit to keep it closer to the 86/Miata territory.

There has been ZERO mention of an OEM V8 option -- ZERO.

If they keep the price below 30K base, add a well sorted turbo 4 or small turbo 6, shed 300+ LBS, maintain approximate grunt while further fine tuning handling and braking, I'M still in.

I think it's still all up in the air tho' because Toyota is bringing something to the table with a BMW engine in it and Mazda is at least pondering a new rotary. Neither will be able to compete with the GT-R, so they will either be Z fighters or define their own niche as the new "not a Porsche, but close, and cheaper" category, where the Z currently stand (and may or may not remain).

I honestly don't think the Japanese or Germans are interested in taking on the "Pony-hey-now-we-can-also-turn-and-brake-just-like-real-sports-cars-sorta-cars. That's a strictly American (and maybe Australian by way of Holden/GM) thing.