View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #67 (permalink)
warpeacelove
Enthusiast Member

Drives: G37x GTM TT
warpeacelove is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Another update on my particular situation.

Sam just called me, as you guys know he is checking in on here.

He was calling about DE's offer to pick up/ship on my behalf and had a couple of thoughts, to summarize:
- If that's what I really want to do, then it's OK but obviously not his preference.
- Wire transfer is not instantaneous, may take a day.
- Going through the package to assess completeness will take hours.

He also told me that the package will be assembled and ready to ship with a label already printed and tracking information in hand before payment is necessary. To alleviate the fear that I would pay and get hosed, he has offered to waive the credit card surcharge so I can pay via my AMEX and just issue a charge-back in the event that they do not deliver what was promised.

To me, that is good enough that I do not feel the need to inconvenience DE.

A couple of other things he said, paraphrased unless in quotes:

He knows that everyone is watching GTM with skepticism.
He knows that people have lost trust in him, and that trust will need to be earned back if possible.
He believes GTM was, at one point, the "top dog" in this area, but has "lost the throne".

He seemed very sincere to me - but that doesn't really matter one way or the other in the big picture right now... For me, the important thing is that I can pay via credit card so I feel protected enough to go through with the deal.

I still plan to wait until the instructions are complete and the kit begins hitting customers hands before I complete my purchase. It's possible I won't even have an opportunity to install (DIY) until Christmas anyway.

Before you crank up the flame thrower, I am just reporting on a conversation I had and how I am moving forward. I am not attacking or defending anyone.

I'll keep you guys updated..

Same here.