View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zcup
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Touring
Zcup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceZ View Post
I'm now watching a lot of 12" and 18" resonator vids on YT. Some people are swearing by the 18", but the interior noise is too close call between the two. The only thing that's bugging me is how low those rear mufflers sit. I actually paused and took a screenshot to compare it with the stock system. The last thing I would want is to bang them up on a speed bump or getting off the road into the office driveway. As it is, that black f/bumper guard touches abit if I don't enter at a wide enough angle. Still stock height, not planning on lowering.
It's really hard to judge audio differences from a vid. All I can attest to is that it sounds plenty loud (in a good way) with the 18" resonators. If you want it as loud as possible, then go with non-resonated or 12". I was leery of anything less than 18" because I wanted to minimize the likelihood of buyer's remorse. I was looking for better sound (wanted to get rid of the vacuum-cleaner-with-a-clogged-hose stock sound) not necessarily louder. That said, it is plenty louder than stock even with 18's and sounds like a beast. I doubt I would want any louder. So, it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

The cans sure look lower than stock, but I think its an illusion. I go over speed bumps very slowly and try not to drive too fast on a rough road where you can bounce around and bottom out. These cars look really cool lowered, but my nerves could never stand it. To many uneven roads in my area.