View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
mikey1600
Track Member

Drives: MY11 370z Black
mikey1600 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Just an update for anyone who might be following my situation. I exchanged a couple of emails with Sam about my deposit on the group buy, and he went ahead and called me last night. He said that I am still part of the group buy, and that my deposit (layaway plan) is still good, and that I only owe the balance remaining for the group buy price.

He was hesitant to give a date when the first batch will be ready (understandable for pretty much everyone now I would assume), but I asked him to take a "wild guess" and he said about 2 weeks would be the soonest. I told him I would rather wait for the first batch to start shipping out so I can hear some feedback from the first round of customers, and that I also wanted to review the completed installation instructions. He was OK with that.

If the 2 week estimate turns out to be accurate, and everything looks copacetic I'd probably look to complete my order in a couple of months.

Between all that and DE's offer to pick up and ship, I'd feel comfortable sending them more money. That's a lot of "if's" and "when's"... but it does appear that my odds of getting a kit are higher now than they were a week ago, though how much I couldn't speculate.
Pretty sure 2 weeks was the generic response for over a year lol