View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
OldFart
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Wannabe Nismo
OldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Damn dealerships.... Alignment..

Did alot of supension work to the car and with work, personal matters, etc. It wasn't till the middle of last month that I could get the car aligned. Except for bushings everything is SPL,
Fortunes coilover setup, Whiteline sway - you get idea.

I havent driven the car much since the alignment but since then everytime I hit any kind of bump I hear a crash coming from the driver side front. When I picked up the car the camber on ther passenger side what I expected, the camber on driver side literally stuck the tire outside the fender by 5/8" to 3/4" inches. I explained that it wasn't right but since their GTR expert did the alignment I was fighting a losing battle.

Finally have a weekend to look at the car. Need to adjust coilover height a bit as 26" just too low, bumped it up to 26.5. Anyway on the driver rear adjuster this is what I find. I even included the instructions when I took it how SPL recommends only going so far on the adjusters. Here are some pics.

Anyway, what was happening they had the camber so far out of whack that the upper control arm was hitting the shock tower when I hit a bump. But on their sheet I was given the camber was within spec. Dropping car off at another alignment shop tomorrow morning, hoping things work out better. Rest of the heim ends are adjusted like I would of expected, no clue what happened here.

Last edited by OldFart; 08-02-2015 at 02:42 PM.
OldFart is offline   Reply With Quote