View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #62 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
A fixit ticket has no amount because it is just that, a ticket to fix a vehicle defect.

Biggest problem I see is OP attitude; he doesn't seem to accept the fact that the CHP officer cut him some slack by giving him a 'fixit' ticket for the tint. He could have been ticketed for no front plate, and probably a host of other violations. It's amazing how the violations stack up when the driver cops an attitude. IMHO, OP should just remove the tint, get it inspected, and call it a day.

I predict OP will have to remove the tint from the windows and wind up paying a fine for contempt.
Seriously, take your lumps and move on. I do not run a front plate. I get hit every couple of years for it. I know it's illegal and I do it anyway. So when I get popped for it, I write a check and move on. It was my choice that earned me the ticket.

And any time I'm talking to a cop, it's "yes sir / no sir." They have the power to really, really ruin your day. If you are respectful, it's amazing how many tickets end up being warnings.