View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #3964 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...

So, my car is totaled, which was slightly unexpected.

Our Camry... Is not totaled, which is totally unexpected.

They basically took the whole interior out, cleaned and dried the connectors (probably WD-40 or something similar) and they have removed the carpet from the interior and trunk and the door panels and shampooed/cleaned it all up (seats and everything) and then put it in a room with an ozone generator.

No water got into the engine or transmission. He said he's confident that none of the electronics were damaged beyond that, and once the carpet & seats are thoroughly cleaned the car will be detailed.

So the repair is only about $900. He said if in the future things happen and it can be blamed on the incident, repairs will be covered.

Now my dilemma... My wife already has a new Camry. I could buy this one from her for cheap to use as a DD, or she could sell it.

This scenario never crossed my mind, that my car could be totaled but hers not. But the ECU and electronics are so low in my car, the computers basically are all ****** and the car is worth more as salvage than to fix.