View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 09:35 AM   #48 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
They are kind of hard to compare, as they serve totally different purposes, but I think I would give both a solid 9 for right now. The Z, as a track only car, really could use 1 to 200 more horsepower, so I can play with the big boys a little easier. Other than that, I just love the way it communicates with me.

The 911 is only a 9 because the seats aren't real comfortable. Its something I didn't notice on the test drive, but living with it has been a bit of a pain in my back, literally. I have the base seats and they are narrow at top, and my shoulder blades are the exact same width as the seat frame, so it digs into me.

However, I just ordered a pair of Recaro Sportster CS, which is pretty much the same seat as in the new nismo Z, which I love, so once I get them installed, it will be a 10.
Hmmm, my guess at your answer would have been the Z a 6 and the 911 a 10, but like you said it is a Z racecar. Last summer I was seriously looking at trading my Z in for either a M4 or a Corvette and after test driving them I asked myself, "will I have more fun" in either of them. The M4; I am not so sure. I would miss go-cart feeling and looks of the Z. The Corvette...probably more fun, but maybe a lot more frustration when driving in traffic. So I decided to instead throw some money at the Z and keep it since it is paid off and I have been very happy with the decision. I will instead of spending the money on a 4x4 of some sort for camping and more outdoorsy things.

So far, just the addition of the performance clutch/flywheel and the reduction of the unsprung mass by the custom wheels and lightweight rotors has suprisingly ratcheted up the fun factor by a few, significant degrees. In a few weeks I will be laying the groundwork for more power, so hopefully that satiates my appetiate for performance for the time being.

With a Porsche or Corvette I would get all of what I am doing to the Z "out-of-the-box". Here in Colorado I see as many GT-Rs as Zs on the road it seems, but Porsches and Corvettes are very common. So the Z has that rare factor here. I like them all!

Thanks for the response!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote