View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Not sure the reasoning behind the 19/20 wheels... Corvettes are set up for it. With 1" shorter tires in front/ sidewall is the same.
If you want big- go 345/30/19R & 295/35/19F or if you like the 20's & handling; go 325/25/20R & 265/30/20F both 26.3"diameter. Won't affect sensors & potentially handle better than vette! Just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for all the input. The problem with the traction control/ABS is the reason I originally posted. I am 99.9999% sure the corvette setup would throw a code. Seems the max difference FR>RR that the car will handle without a code is 3%, and the Vette setup is 3.5% difference. I assume Chevy simply set the ECU to work with this setup. Which is why I was wondering if an ECUtek tune might be able to avoid the codes (the most recent rom has control of the traction and abs systems).

IŽve been thinking I would go the 20" route for a while and the 265/325 tire setup you mentioned is where IŽd settled.

The thing is, and this is all a matter of personal taste. 19s look perfect up front, but they look lost in the rear and vice versa for the 20s (perfect in the rear and huge in the front). Our cars have a relatively slim nose and a super tall rear, similar to the C7 vette (which is why I assume the Vette runs them in 19-20 configuration).

IF I decide to go 19-20 I think I would be just fine with the 275-305 setup. the 275/35 on the front is real close to stock diameter and a little more meat in the back wouldnŽt hurt anything. Sidewalls are really close in size.

Either way, thanks again for throwing down your opinions/advice.