Thread: Got Mine :)
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
par4bmw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370 M6 Touring/Sp
par4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond reputepar4bmw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I believe in the gains to be had from HFC's and more so (obviously) test pipes. Cats are the most restrictive part of the exhaust so that should be the first step. Intakes are hit or miss honestly. I come from FI, so intakes actually made a bit of a difference. As some have said, the stock design isn't horrible so I don't expect much more than noise from them. I think I'm leaning towards JWT for the intakes, but not going to make decisions until I see what happens with Denny's test of the Stillen.

So far, the most sensible exhaust I've seen on here has been the GTM one. The design looks decent, I didn't find anything that made me question its performance. Maybe they could have tapered some of the muffler/pipe joints, but otherwise it looks like a solid design. The rest are beautiful, but give me a break with the prices. I don't want a show car, I want an efficient, well designed exhaust.

I will definitely do a thorough write up of the KW's. I think I'm getting lucky because a friend of a friend is coming to FLA. Apparently this guy specializes in KW racing setups..corner balanced and everything, so Im going to have him setup the car.
Cool, keep us updated.

I like he JTWs so far but the Stillens claims are outrageous. Glad Denny is calling BS. We will see if they really deliver to their claims. I am new to tuning, but 18hp seems unrealistic.

Will look at the GTM. I have been watching the Berk, seems legit.

Are you doing anything for the sway bar as part of your suspension tune?

Again, your Z looks great and I appreciate someone that know what they are talking about. I was able to get my Jeep to perform well above stock from the help of a great forum. So it is awesome to have the same for the Z.