View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #84 (permalink)
mad_jelly
Base Member

Drives: 84 Mazda GLC
mad_jelly is on a distinguished road

300 miles later

Car won't make any fuel pressure when I put the car in ACC. Only after cranking the car a few times will the car reluctantly start. This of course happened on my way down to a wedding. (I made it... thankfully)

Anyways the exhibited behavior happened right after driving 2 hours, then stopped for food. Tried to get back on the road and the car just wouldn't turn over. Finally got the car to turn over, however whenever the car got anywhere close to boost, the car would go full lean and stumble hard. Limped the car another 2 hours and had to drive it under 2k rpm to make it to the wedding.

I believe it to be a fuel issue. But not 100% sure if it was the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, or a kink somewhere. Im leaning towards fuel pump buts really a guess. Fuel pressure will hit 45psi once the car turns over. Im thinking the vacuum must be pulling the diagram open enough to get fuel through to keep the car going. However, once the boost kicks in, the pump must not be able to put enough pressure through the lines.

Anyways, took the pump out and this is what I found.

Return feed got loose, bunch of crap all over the collector? I don't think these things would cause the problem so any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (3).JPG (97.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg image2 (3).JPG (80.2 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg image3 (3).JPG (86.5 KB, 100 views)
mad_jelly is offline   Reply With Quote