Thread: [For Sale] Dark / Black Emblems
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Dai, the handles look black but the side markers look like they are more of a black chrome type finish (or at least similar to the color and finish I get with Duplicolor's Shadow product). Is this the case? Any idea how they compare to the emblems painted on the engine cover you sold Tracie? That engine cover is now on my car and the emblems are black chrome type finish but don't seem as dark as these. I don't mind these being darker and would, in fact, prefer the darker shade. But if they are just straight black and not at all black chrome, then I will pass.

Also, if I were to exchange side markers, would you accept one that had minor damage to the finish surface (I dropped it while painting)? It's just some scratches that I think can be sanded down during prep.
Ahh so thats where the engine cover is. Sweet. thats still one of my fav pieces ever.

Yes these sets are darker. Unfortunately, it was asked to be made darker, and me being the sucker for the 3rd time in 5 years, i didnt take a deposit.

If your looking to match the engine cover. Let me know what pieces you are wanting of the total available and I can get one done for you to match. The side markers are lighter, they were done prior and the person who wanted the dark set did not ask for those. On my white car, I went with the black handles and black chrome emblems. Reason was on a white car, the handles contrast so much I chose to match them to my roof, headlights, etc rather than emblems. On a friends Red car, with no black accents, it made sense to match it to the emblems. Just some food for thought.

For those wanting darker side markers, I can make em darker to match if needed.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote