View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Kenwoodturbo
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo
Kenwoodturbo will become famous soon enoughKenwoodturbo will become famous soon enough

No your missing the point. YOU may choose to junk your car or trade in at 75k because csc goes bad out of warranty. Not everyone. It isn't that the car failed, it's that you decided not to fix. Again loaded question. You could argue that csc failure you replace with elimination kit, the ecu, many cars have those issues. The question is what your definition of last is? Google some of the people who have records with cars with most miles on them. They will have replaced engines, trans, suspension, paint, are fanatical about maintenance.

None of them say... Well I got to 150k and a $600 csc failed so car is done.... Their story will include... I've replaced csc 10 times, etc.

It doesn't mean that they went 2.3 million miles with no problems other than oil changes.

So my accord EATS rear brakes, it's a known issue. I consider it cost of doing business. I had 2 separate co-workers who sold same gen accords because it "always needed brakes" . I have no other issues with car myself, so every 2 years I put on new rear brake pads. Honda won't recall because the rear brakes are undersized. Instead they sell revised pads that still die way too soon.

But again, I kept mine. Better to be 20 brakes than engine. I "could" also add aftermarket big brake kit and eliminate the issue. But in my sample size 2 out of the considered the car "failed"
Kenwoodturbo is offline   Reply With Quote