View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kenwoodturbo
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo
Kenwoodturbo will become famous soon enoughKenwoodturbo will become famous soon enough

I think your question is loaded and too many variables. How is it versus a mustang? Well depends on owner, location, maintenance, luck, etc. how long a car goes has more to do with owner and maintenance than brand in most cases. Sure if you have a dodge you will replace things like the radio 27 times in a 500k mile timespan, but how long it "lasts" just depends.

Typically the people/cars who go forever are owned by people who maintain whenever anything wears or breaks. Typically people who let things go, usually turn their car into scrap early. If the body starts to rust and you let it go, then radio does and you wear headphones, turn signals break and you use your arms eventually a transmission goes and you ask.... Why would I buy a 2000 transmission for a car that's rusty with no radio signals etc. if you are kind that maintains car perfectly then you say. 2000 trans for an otherwise perfect car or $800 a month for 5 years for a new one. The car I sold to buy the Nismo had over 300k on it. The car ran perfectly and all options worked. It was clean, shiny, well maintained. Others with 1/3 of the mileage that didn't see the love, ended upon junkyards. So it wasn't the car, it was owner and routine.
Kenwoodturbo is offline   Reply With Quote