View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dcocci
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z black 6spd
Dcocci is on a distinguished road

UPDATE!! So after the disaster of the night event, I brought the car in after hours at work to install my coilovers and dial in the alignment. It took all week, working on it for an hour here, an hour there. During the week, I was offered a free pass to a track day that Saturday at Streets of Willow running counter-clockwise as a promotion for SocalZ, Nissfest and the Nissan Challenge. It was a day event, and it was the earliest track day that I'd have my coilovers installed, so I decided to go and use it as a shake down day for the suspension.

The day was a total success across the board! Everyone had a great time, and I bested my personal best lap time by FIVE seconds! FIVE! a 1:33.478! It was absolutely unreal how much of a difference the suspension made. Night and day doesn't even come close to describing it! The car just plants itself in the corners. Lots more mechanical grip, and pushing the car and the tires to the limit is much much more manageable now. Before the suspension, getting to close to the limit would totally upset the chassis, causing erratic handling. I couldn't trust the car. Now when you get to that limit, it's much smoother, and it cooperates with you instead of fighting you. I was playing with dampening throughout the day, and I ended up with a pretty stiff dampening setting that I liked. 5 clicks out from full stiff in the front, and 8 clicks from full stiff in the rear. The car runs -3 degrees camber front, -2.5 rear. front caster is at about 6 degrees. zero toe in front, and maxed out factory spec toe in the rear. ride height is measured at 3 1/4 inches from the top of the fender to the top of the wheel. Pretty low. I have a little bit of pass. front rub on high G corners, however I like the setup so much, I've decided to roll my front fenders as opposed to raising my car or changing my specs. The track conditions were pretty dusty all day, and it was HOT. I ran my fastest times early in the morning.

Next step will be upgrading the front swaybar and endlinks. I may try and get one before my August 9th event at Big Willow. Stay tuned! Here are some pics!

022 (2).jpg

027 (3).JPG

034 (3).JPG

042 (2).jpg

008 (5).jpg

010 (2).jpg