View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #92 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOHUNTER View Post
I tried removing the intercooler inside the manifold, it wont come out inless I remove the manifold... I don't want to do that this year lol.
I would get that thing out of there. It is going to cause some pressure drop but worse it will become a heat soak. It is going to get really hot under wot and when your stopped it will retain a ton of engine bay heat. Then when you go to get on it again it will just blow that hot air into your intake. That air will be unmetered also so you are back to the same problem of your car is thinking its getting cold air but its not and will not retard timing.

But maybe I'm being paranoid.