View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mozen
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z PW M6
Mozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
if you knew you were going to boost your car, i personally wouldn't have wasted my money getting bolt on parts then.
I appreciate the input but.. Why is it often considered waste? Everything is a build progression. I bought this car brand new in 2009 and didnt know how to drive it to the limit...hell i still dont. First mods were sways and handling components. I spent weekends with the local SCCA and on base at arranged "track" events. Paid the car off and decided i wanted to do more.

So on came a few different types of suspension, headers, pullies and so on. Each time i did the work myself or with friends and learned. (Exceptions are: first clutch and diff. Second time i did it myself and then the roll cage which was a shop in Houston)

After a few years ive managed to push the car and myself, growing both my automotive mechanical skills and my driving skills. Im at a point where i feel comfortable with the car and want to step it up again. Boost is natural and most of the mods i have done will support the Boosted Performance kit.

Personally, and not to take away from those who boosted right away, but for guys and gals like myself for whom this is their first "real car" i think the way i have gone about it should be the norm. I hate to think that id boosted right out the gate and then lost control at MSR Houston or on the road or something just to smash the car and waste my investment.

Each to their own tho and over the years the options here on the forum have changed and grown along with a super supportive group of members who care about their cars and those to the left and right.