View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

Decided to update this thread incase further down the road when I decide to sell it a future new owner stumbles upon this...

I purchased the 370Z in question late February 2015 from Carmax in Fairfield California with just under 25K miles (24,8???)... The front lip was gone, The left headlight was oxidized, the front bumper I think was replaced due to fresh paint, no vin sticker (still has vin on fenders and hood), it was missing a bracket and it doesn't have the little vent block offs on the sides of the fangs.

I knew of this thread when I purchased the car, I tested the car out thoroughly in the 2 days of test driving and the transmission shifted smooth, i guess to the standards of these cars (no grinds)... The exhaust is OEM and definitely new as it's still so shiny...

It came with 2 keys but no books either, I will eventually replace the books but lazy... As of this writing I had carmax replace the oxidized headlight, Replaced the front lip (that I accidentally scraped up getting in and out of my driveway), replace the missing bracket and assorted clips, it just went under the 30K mile service and at 31K miles the CSC was replaced...

Aside from the CSC failure it's a pretty good car with now about 33K miles on it.

EDIT: 11/2016 Didn't wan't to bump this thread but in the event the new owner starts browsing, I can give a little more detail as what is going on with it now.

After 9 months of ownership I ran a carfax, Originally bought the car from Carmax who gave me a clean bill of health and a clean autocheck. However the carfax did say otherwise... I had the car inspected by a body shop and found that MOST of the car had been repainted and in some areas had already began to flake off, they found signs of a right front impact (non OEM parts), Missing parts, taped together bumper foam and a cracked impact bar... Carmax looked at it, saw everything and said I was sh*t out of luck... So I sued them, A week ago it finally settled and they bought back the car... Paid it off ($14K) and wrote my lawyer a $17K check. It had 54.5K miles when I gave it back to them, The transmission had begun to make a banging noise when shifting hard the last few weeks... So, Unless you already bought this car... Stay far far away. If you already bought it... Yeah, I kinda ghetto rigged some ambient lights (meant to clean it up as that's a mock job to see if doable but got lazy and my lawsuit started), the short shifter is by TWM and that's about all thats been left on it.

Last edited by BamBamZ; 11-08-2016 at 02:08 AM.
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote