View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #118 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntz View Post
Yeah! Some asshat just almost hit me as I was replying TO this thread!

A quick Google tells me that in Texas you can be charged with vehicular manslaughter if you're driving recklessly; I'm glad I checked because I was just going to chime in that she'd probably be guilty of speeding & reckless but not manslaughter.

If she was not driving reckless than no one every is... take her license away but does Texas really need more prisoners at 35k$/year each?.

Watching the video I'd still blame the van driver for stupidly pulling out, if the traffic is bad turn right and turn at the next light, takes a minute longer (or not verse you waiting for a safe opening) but you get to hug your kids that night...

Re prior post of 'make everyone drive MT so you can't hold the phone' would just make yakkers take both hands off wheel when shifting (knee steering)

Drive safely Kiddies!!

This is what my car needs - The Oatmeal

[]Texas Manslaughter Laws - FindLaw
Confiscate her car and any car she ever drives again regardless of the owner. It wouldn't take long before no one would let her borrow a car.

I'm sure it would require legislation, but it is a far better option than simply suspending a DL. I don't know why states haven't been doing this with repeat DUI offenders for years.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote