View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 PM   #1083 (permalink)
firulice
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th
firulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond reputefirulice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read T View Post
Model 2011 Nissan 370z Sport
VIN Top Secret
Purchase date April 2012
Occurrence date July 2015
Mileage 58,000

About a year ago my clutch PEDAL broke, shearing off the helper spring mount. The pedal became very sloppy and difficult to shift but I replaced it with the RJM adjustable pedal and was very pleased with the results. Thanks to this website though I have since known to keep a close eye out for any CSC issues.

The car is my daily driver and I generally baby the car around town, although I have been to a few HPDEs with it. I currently run PFC 665 for the clutch line.Two weeks ago while changing my engine oil, I noticed that the Clutch reservoir fluid level was getting very low . Prior to this, I had not had any problems with the clutch line and had it flushed at least once before. No puddles or leaks were noticed under the car or on the bottom of the transmission. I ordered the ZSpeed CSC and parked my car for a week (make sure you have a spare car if you own a nissan or anything British).

I am lucky enough to have a good friend that owns a shop with a lift, and today the two of us swapped out the CSC. The entire procedure took roughly 3 hours, and was made much easier by slightly dropping the front subframe to help tilt the transmission down. The clutch disc was noted to be plenty thick still - which is great since I didn't order a new one. Car is now doing great although the engagement point is slightly lower and grabbier, two things I can adjust with the RJM pedal.

Before I did the work myself I went to a Z shop locally and was quoted roughly $950 labour + parts. I ended up doing it myself with a friend for the price of the CSC and a few good beers (Dogfish Head, Aviator, and DuClaw).

As much as I love this car, I will say that I have been pretty disappointed by the build quality and random issues I've had - breaking clutch pedal, CSC failure, axle click, engine oil overheating, and clear coat bubbling off all over.
Crazy stuff. Nissan needs to get their act together. I might do mine on a lift (ordered one today) so it's good to hear it's not too bad. Did you use the how-to from the forum here? Any other tips? I'll have to hit you up on how to lower the subframe.