View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
How do you know the Camaro 6 has compromised performance. And the Camaro SS 1LE will outperform the Z in every way imaginable way... Acceleration, handling, grip, dynamics. The 1LE is a performance marvel.

Then the GT-R. I may not like it's seating position but... Where does it lo lose in performance for back seats. It out handles and out-accelerates most superstars....

Bloated? The Camaro5 at 3800lbs for the v8. OK
Camaro 6 at 3600 lbs with a v8 that's fair weight.
Camaro v6 is 3400 lbs. Only a few lbs away from the current Z. It's going to be interesting.

Ugly... Well that's subjective of course. No argument there. I like both camaro and GT-R though and the corvette too.
I am being nitpicky for conversation's sake of course. The compromise that I am speaking of is between the Camaro and the Corvette. In my situation (no kids) there is no question that I would go with the Corvette. Absolutely no compromise there since from the ground up it is designed and built as a sports car/super car. Of course you pay the price.

Call me crazy, and it is subjective, but I can't get over my distaste for the aesthetics of the GT-R. It is an amazing vehicle (especially for the price) regardless.

The Z is all about compromise since it shares the same frame as an SUV. Even after a few years I just love looking at it and every little performance mod is making it more fun....plus it is paid off. They are pretty rare here in CO so I feel like I am driving a pretty unique vehicle. It is my first sports car so I am learning a lot, having fun and will end up with a nice track car eventually.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote