Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #191 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

It's been over 1000 miles since install and I admit, I LOVE BOOST!

I just had my car in the air to have a quick inspection of the turbo system and to find this inferno clunking I feel and hear when I load then unload the drive train.

Turbo system - everything good and working great. My oil lines are good. No leaks or anything... Yosh!

Clunk- It turns out to be minor free play in the rear diff. When I unload the drive train when releasing the gas, and the car starts to drags a little, this little bit of free play creates a clunk. When I hold the tires still and just turn the DS, it moves maybe 2mm or 3mm. I know it's not a lot but I still feel it. Imagine using a sledge hammer tapping the back of your car ever time you get and then off the gas. The only difference is this hammer is actually the weight of the car itself. Of course the swing is only a distance of 3mm but it's a heck of a lot of weight.

On a side note, I went and took a look at the pipe that was tapping my frame before. It seems that my hammer knocks worked great. No rub marks on the new paint I put on it. You can see the area where there is a deeper impression due to that bolt hitting and rubbing it prior to the fix.

Another thing I encountered since the turbo is having ran over a part of a brick or something on the highway. It looked to be the size of a tape measure. I didn't have time to react to it and the best I was able to do was slam the breaks some. I hit that thing and it exploded under my car! A sudden outcry of bad words and was on my way home. I took a look under the car real fast and did not see anything wrong. Heck, the car drove fine the rest of the way home. Then I went to the 1/4 mile that night.. Anyhoo, With the car up and closer inspection, I found this.

This is the pipe that Shasha promises to replace for free if it breaks. This is also the lowest part of my car. the pipe is just dented. She still holds pressure. This pipe is up as high as me and my mechanic can get it up without it knocking into the transmission.
I might make a short side rolling video of the underside and side skirt to show how low/high up the turbo sits for everyone to see.

I guess I will just have to watch out for these road debris more often and not drive as close to other cars so that I may have more time to react.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote