View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Masterbeatty
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the speed limit...
Masterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Let as know what you find out what's causing this abnormal sounds. Maybe it needs more drive miles to make everything settle in.

I'm considering of changing my transmission mounts but I would use the Z1 polyurethane one.

For one there's are a lot of plastics/ foams, heat shields that vibrate in the trunk after I switched to coilovers, had to use dynamat to cover all my trunk, heat shield, license plate bracket, stuffed the rear bumper foams with rug towels from vibrating, reinforce my exhaust hangers and bushing.

The price we pay for upgrading our suspension system.

But the car handles so good on the twisties.
WOW you went full retard on sound dentoning. I don't notice it until my wife tells me its annoying. But I would rather maintain the weight of my car and deal with the noise than put all that extra weight in.

For OP I sent you a PM back. From what I can tell its possibly the tranny mounts or sub-frame bushings. But now seeing what you have the only other possibility is the tranny mounts. Other manufactures use a bushing in between the tranny and the drive shaft that when torn makes a clunk sound but ours do not have that. So by process of elimination the only to spots are the motor mounts and tranny and you have the motor mounts too. But before you spend more dough, take it into a speed shop and see if their tech has any recommendations. Because to make that clunk noise it has to be a big heavy component between something malleable and a relatively large change. A smaller component with little play would make a rattle noise, vibration.