View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #63 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
you mean like STFU kenchan ?

actually the gas stations get the same fuel dont they? then they mix watever as the customer pays?
im in the midwest so i get more corn..
Lol, no, not what I mean.

So. This is how the breakdown happens. (Will not be accurate math)

The refinery needs to produce 10,000,000 gallons of gas in varying octane. The total octane of the gas is let's say 890,000,000...

They can either make it all 89 octane, or some 87, some 89, some 91, and some 93, but for every gallon of 93, they need to make 2 gallons of 87.

This works ok outside CA because every other car is a pickup that will run just fine on 85 octane, but in CA there are so many damn BMWs, Lexuses, and Mercs that we choose to produce so much high octane gas that we cannot make higher than 91 because there just isn't enough octane to go around at the end of the day.