View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #152 (permalink)
asorg31
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
asorg31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Being able to easily remove it also makes it possible to protect it from the wide temperature variations such as we experience here on the east coast.

I see a lot of good things going for this monitor. The resolution is very good without going overboard, the antiglare/fingerprint coating would be a big help in this application for obvious reasons, and you shouldn't run into any serious issues with off axis viewing. It's thin, relatively light, and the capacitive multitouch effectively eliminates a potential issue of the other display you are considering (occasionally not registering touch input due to IR flooding). Also, at 5V/2A it's not a ridiculous power hog, all things considered.

I'm not a huge fan of the white bezel, but I guess you can't have everything.
I would say that if the brightness proves acceptable for sunny day use and the screen fits your size restrictions you probably have a winner.
Man, sounds like you really know what your're talking about when it comes to these monitors!! And looks like you went through all the avenues to get the same answers I've came up with too lol. I really don't want that white bezel either, I asked a sales rep about getting it in black and he told me no and recommended the 13.3 black bezel monitor they offer. If I wanted that one I would have asked about it.