View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #151 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asorg31 View Post
Hey thanks for your advice, that's kind of where I was at with it as well. The other option on the table right now is 300 nit rated. The nit rating was one of the biggest reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. The other really awesome thing about this monitor its only 1/2" thick (slightly thicker than an iPad). And could be removed and used as a plug and play screen for consoles, laptops, phones etc...
Being able to easily remove it also makes it possible to protect it from the wide temperature variations such as we experience here on the east coast.

I see a lot of good things going for this monitor. The resolution is very good without going overboard, the antiglare/fingerprint coating would be a big help in this application for obvious reasons, and you shouldn't run into any serious issues with off axis viewing. It's thin, relatively light, and the capacitive multitouch effectively eliminates a potential issue of the other display you are considering (occasionally not registering touch input due to IR flooding). Also, at 5V/2A it's not a ridiculous power hog, all things considered.

I'm not a huge fan of the white bezel, but I guess you can't have everything.
I would say that if the brightness proves acceptable for sunny day use and the screen fits your size restrictions you probably have a winner.
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote