View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #1058 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbc749 View Post
Hello,

I would like to add my name to the list of people who have had this issue.

I was driving back from Estes Park, Colorado to Lincoln, Nebraska and Near Ogalala, my clutch failed in exactly this manner. Clutch pedal went down, did not come back up. Fortunately I was given a push start and was able to limp to a walmart where I got some DOT3 brake fluid and filled the empty clutch fluid reservoir, and was able to pump the clutch back up to have pressure.

I got the clutch pumped back up and took off, thinking all I had was a small leak, having survived the long drive to Colorado and a little spirited driving in the mountain roads. But then 5 minutes later, when i went to try and change gears, I had lost all pressure again. When I went to check the fluid, I found it was still full. Meaning I was losing pressure inside the system, and leaking as well.

I was able to limp home by pumping up the pressure every time I needed to shift out of 6th until I made it to my house, roughly 300 miles later. Thank the car gods for a large gas tank.

Took it in today, and of course it's not covered under my powertrain warranty. (I just broke 41k). So I will be trying to get it covered but I'm not expecting success.

Thanks

KBC
Damn dude, I'm sorry bro.